Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Family Time & Snow....

Dalon and I are very excited about my parents are coming in on Saturday to visit for about a month. They are going to be traveling to attend a conference and to see my sister up in WI but we are going to be their home base until December 25th. It will be nice to be able to celebrate the holidays with them again this year. It is hard to realize that this time last year we were headed up to Grandma's for Christmas. I can not believe that it has already been a year since Dalon proposed. Oh great memories of the cold weather and snow. Talking about snow...Dalon and I woke up this morning to about 6 inches of snow. Yes, I did say snow!!! The weather channel said that there was a slight chance of snow flurries so we all assumed like we always do that it would be cold but no snow. However, this time we were wrong. It is funny to see the reaction of everyone here in Texas when it snows. They almost think it is the world coming to an end. I was on Facebook this morning looking at all the postings of snow covered yards, cars, trees and everything else. People here in Texas have to take pictures of it so that we can actually show people that it can snow in Texas. The weather people are saying that it could snow again on Friday. This is very strange for Texas to be getting this type of weather so early in December. I am a little worried about the winter this year. My parents are going to freeze when they get here. It is supposed to be a high of 49 when they get in. Welcome to Texas!!!
Well I think I have rambled on enough tonight. I would like to say though please be in prayer for my parents as they travel this weekend and for Dalon as he is leaving on Thursday night or Friday morning for a very long roadtrip this weekend for Basketball. They are going to be playing in Arkansas (about 6 hours away) and then traveling over to Kansas (about 8 hours from Arkansas) to play on Saturday. With the weather being the way that it is I am a little worried about this trip.
Have a good night and talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment