Saturday, November 14, 2009

Basketball Season is upon us!!

Well as most of you guys know, Dalon plays both soccer and basketball for his college here in Dallas. Well soccer season ended about 2 weeks ago in a tough loss. We went into double overtime and penalty kicks in both the semi-finals and the finals. It was a well fought game but Southwestern just came out on top. Dalon was not very happy to say the least but by the end of the day he was hanging up his soccer cleats and dusting off his basketball shoes.
After playing two games in one weekend, he then turned around and played basketball on Monday night. He actually was able to play longer than I thought. He was in a lot of pain come Tuesday morning though. He is getting older and forgets that his body can only take so much. I think he is finally realizing this. As much as he would have liked a little time off that was not going to be possible because of the way that his coach scheduled the games for this season.
This season is going to be very trying on not only Dalon, but also for myself. They are playing a total of 33 games this season with only 7 home games. There are many weeks from now until the beginning of March that Dalon is only home for 2 days a week. He is going to be gone every weekend in the month of November. He even plays the weekend of Thanksgiving. It is not very much fun on a new marriage for half of the couple to never be around. However, I knew what I was signing up for when I got married so I should not complain. :)

On to a better note...We found out last week that my parents are going to be coming up to visit almost the whole month of December. They are going to be attending a conference in Austin, Texas for their new job and are tacking on a couple weeks of vacation. They are going to be going up to visit my sister and her family for about 4 days in the middle of the month. I know my nieces are looking forward to that. They don't get to see Grandma and Grandpa Bohlen very often. We are very thankful that they are going to be able to come and stay with us for Christmas. They are leaving on the 25th for Santiago, CHILE but we are going to celebrate Christmas on the 24th with both sets of parents. It will be nice to have everyone together for our first Christmas as a married couple.

Well I think I have talked enough for today. I hope that you enjoying keeping up with us. Sometimes our lives get away from us, but we will try and keep you as up to date as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment